An average of 10% heat loss occurs through draughts in your house, so with today’s rising energy costs, the installation of draught proofing measures is quickly repaid by lower fuel bills.
Transition Walthamstow & HEET are running a free draughtbusting workshop 2pm-4pm on Sunday 20th January at the Hornbeam Centre. Places are still available (as at Tue 15th Jan), but you must book by sending an email to email@example.com
The session will cover
- a little theory about home energy loss
- guidance about some of the remedial steps that you can take
- demonstrations on how to draughtproof windows & doors and fit reflective radiator panels,
- some hands on practice at fitting these materials, and
- information on where you can get high quality materials at cost price locally.
As we’ll be practicising on Hornbeam Centre’s doors and windows, we’ll also be helping reduce the building’s energy loss.
There’s more information about the workshop here.