Become a gardening champion and improve your local area, one plant at a time!
A training course & support programme to enable you to become gardening champions in your community, greening your local environment and encouraging others to do the same.
You will get:
– A free 28hrs training course, involving both theoretical and practical sessions to introduce you to key essentials in environmentally-friendly horticulture. This course will also include techniques to support others to start growing, tips for growing in communal areas and how to access essential materials and resources.
– A free ”gardening champion” resource pack, including a brand new reference book
– Support with improving your local area, one plant at a time!
– Advice about personal next steps and training opportunities
– A certificate listing your competences and achievements
– Most of all, the pleasure of living in an improved environment!
As a gardening champion, you will do some practical work with others to improve the aesthetics and biodiversity of your area. This could be:
– Adopting a flower bed
– Transforming an area of your communal garden into a vegetable patch
– Creating a wildflower meadow on an unused patch of land
– Helping your neighbours to start growing
– What’s your idea?
**The training course runs on Wednesdays, 10am-2.30pm in Tottenham (near Tottenham Hale tube station), for 7 weeks from 27th February – with a 2 week break during the Easter school holidays**
For more information or if you would like to be part of this exciting opportunity, please contact Anaelle on 020 8558 6880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.