Eco-project in Walthamstow is looking for a Volunteering Development Coordinator
* 0.8 FTE (30 hours per week); £24,713 pro rata; 2-year contract *
Forest Recycling Project (FRP) is a social enterprise and charity with environmental and social aims. We engage with organisations and communities in North East London through a range of practical initiatives to reduce, re-use and recycle waste, and help people live sustainably.
FRP has received funding from City Bridge Trust to develop its volunteer programme. The Environmental Action Through Volunteering Project will enable people in areas of high deprivation to take environmental action through volunteering, deliver structured learning and progression opportunities, and promote social inclusion for volunteers.
- Develop, manage and deliver the Environmental Action Through Volunteering Project
- Establish a structured skills & learning programme and progression routes for volunteers, significantly increasing volunteer numbers and working in partnership with others
- Provide a volunteer coordination, mentoring & support role – this function will be shared with an existing member of staff to ensure coverage across FRP’s two sites of operation
- Identify and help realise opportunities for volunteers to develop new community activism initiatives or social enterprise activities around waste, sustainability and the environment
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of volunteering
- Fulfil all grant funding requirements
- Balance strategic, operational and hands-on aspects of the role.
If you think you have what it takes to become the Volunteering Development Coordinator at FRP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following:
- Covering letter (no more than 3 pages), explaining how your skills and experience match the person specification and why you want this role
- Details of two referees – these will not be contacted without your prior consent and not until the shortlist stage.
Applications must be received no later than Monday 9 December 2013, 5pm.
Please visit www.frponline.org.uk for more information and to access the full Job Description.
Community Food Growers’ Network is recruiting a Network Coordinator
The Community Food Growers’ Network (CFGN) is a ‘group of groups’ actively engaged in growing food plants and supporting others to grow food, in healthy, sustainable ways. We focus on connecting, cooperating and supporting each other, within and beyond our neighbourhoods. Our members are based across London.
CFGN is now looking for a network co-ordinator and mobiliser who will support CFGN members in event organising, build new relationships with existing growing projects, work on internal and external communications and work with food sovereignty organisations on a regional and national level.
The role is 1 day per week for 6 months, starting January 2014, at £10 per hour.
Deadline for applications is 1 December, 2013 (interviews 16 December).
For full details and how to apply see here: http://www.cfgn.org.uk/2013/11/community-food-growers-network-is-recruiting-a-network-coordinator/