Cultivate, Waltham Forest’s first urban food growing festival, has lined up over 50 events, including a conference, Food-a-Fair and gardener’s question time as part of a borough-wide food growing festival this Spring. www.cultivatewf.org
Artillery have been working to deliver this new Waltham Forest Council initiative together with festival partners, OrganicLea, Capital Growth and To Market.
Activities and events include: Food Growing Workshops & Talks, Film Screenings, Seed Swaps, Window Box & Tool Making, Grow Your Own Wine, Community Planting, Kids Kitchen, Seed sowing and sprouting for children, Cycle Tour & Spring Walk, Sow A Bee Meadow.
- Win An Allotment Plot!
- The Big Compost Give Away!
- Grow Waltham Forest: a conference shaping the future of food growing in the Borough led by Capital Growth – 21 March
- The Big Dig: A borough-wide day preparing to grow food together – 22 March
- Gardeners’ Q&A: Expert green-fingered tips, ideas and solutions to help own food cultivation – 27 March
- Get Growing In Your School: How to start and run your own school garden – 27 March
- Food-a-Fair: A day out celebrating food growing and making from plot to plate – 29 March
- On Sunday 30th March Transition Walthamstow is linking up with the Walthamstow Family Bike Club to run “Spring into your Saddle”, a tour of a few food growing sites in the borough. Click here for details.
- Fringe Festival: Promoting food growing initiatives across the whole community – 21-30 March
For stall bookings at the Food-a-Fair, Waltham Forest College, 29 March, please submit this form