- 28 hours a week, £21,349 Pro Rata Community Centre and Learning Coordinator
- Applications by 12 noon, Wednesday 7 January 2015
- For interview on Monday 12 January (am) and Thursday 15 January (am)
The Hornbeam is recruiting for a fifth member of their team to support an exciting new project at a new venue. A consortium led by the Hornbeam have secured funding from London Borough of Waltham Forest to run the currently unused John Beanse Education Centre at Pimp Hall Nature Reserve.
We are seeking a coordinator to organise the running of the new centre, develop relationships with new and existing users, explore potential for new activity, and introduce systems which ensure its smooth running. The post-holder will be a member of the Hornbeam team, and in turn be supported by them.
The role will incorporate three aspects:
- Organising a project (or projects) which enable sustainable use of the John Beanse Centre while furthering the consortium’s aims. We expect that these projects will have a strong emphasis on training and learning.
- Managing all Hornbeam multi-use hire space: At the Hornbeam in E17 and the John Beanse Centre in E4
- Outreach to a range of groups to encourage and support use of both spaces by community groups and individuals
Please read the full job description and person specification here.
For more information about this post please call Grace on 020 8558 6880.
To apply please send a CV or employment (and volunteering) history and a covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification and why you want this post by email to
- or by post to Community Centre and Learning Coordinator post, Hornbeam Centre, 458 Hoe St, Walthamstow E17 9AH.
Application deadline: applications must arrive by 12 noon, Wednesday 7 January 2015
Interview dates: Monday 12 January (am) and Thursday 15 January (am)