Have lunch with a herb twist and take home herbs in upcycled pots, planting tips, recipes, stories on a growing theme and much much more.
To attend the free Herbal Forage Walk with Hedge Herbes and urban forager, Willy Forbes before the street party please email firstname.lastname@example.org
£1 entry to the street party includes herb plants and workshops.
Activities already confirmed include:
- Plant-a-paint-pot and take home Organiclea grown herbs
- Buy Organiclea fruit and veg plus other produce
- Join Waltham Forest community herbalist Rasheeqa Ahmad of Hedge Herbs, urban forager Willy Forbes, and Waltham Forest LETS for a spring forage on the Marshes and then gather back here for some favourite springtime plant foods.
- Make plant labels and instructions from recycled materials
- Take home ‘how-to’ herb cards on how to grow/use herbs and make interesting planters
- Make a bouquet garni and share recipes which celebrates herbs
- Get planter inspiration – learn how to make or use many different containers to grow stuff
- Eat the cafe’s herb focused menu (and if you are a volunteer sample free, herby elevenses created by Norman Loves)
- Info on how to live well for less, including Smart Homes, the Low Cost Living Campaign and much more
- Storytelling tent on a growing theme by Stowtellers
This event is part of the Cultivate Programme, and runs from 12 pm – 3 pm on 28th March on Bakers Ave, in the cafe and in FRP paint place and yard.