The Hornbeam is recruiting a Community Coordinator committed to and excited by our vision of active communities where people have a positive impact on their environment. Could this be you or someone you know? Please get in touch and pass on!
Community Coordinator: E4
There are two Community Coordinator roles at the Hornbeam. The roles are about:
- Maintaining two community spaces – one in E17 with a community cafe, one in E4 next to a nature reserve.
- Making things happen in these spaces in line with Hornbeam values.
- Managing the relationships between the partners that make up the Hornbeam Group, and partners that we deliver projects with.
How you go about making things happen is often up to you. These two roles support each other, often overlapping, and work alongside other workers and volunteers working on specific tasks or outreach projects.
We are looking for a Coordinator to work three days a week across two sites, starting from the end of March 2016. The role includes:
- Working with partners and the E17 Community Coordinator to develop and run events
- Strategic planning linked to our vision and mission
- Developing networks and finding new audiences for events and activities
- Managing budgets and evaluating activities
- Working alongside others to maintain community space, publicise activities and support future fundraising
- Involving and supporting volunteers
More about our values and our partners below, and within the full Job Description and Person Specification.
Please complete this short online form, and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may then ask you to submit a full statement of how you feel you fit the person specification along with other information.
The final deadline for full applications: midnight on March 18th 2016.
Interviews are scheduled for: Monday 21st March 2016
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Hornbeam: a community organisation working with a range of partners in Waltham Forest and beyond. We offer: SPACE for communities to meet in E17 and E4, TIME and support to develop community initiatives, and SKILLS and knowledge about low cost, low impact living.
We work in close partnership with other organisations across the borough (in particular Forest Recycling Project, HEET, Organiclea, the Friday Hill Community Association and Norman Loves who run the Hornbeam Cafe).