We are a vegan/vegetarian cafe/restaurant based in the Hornbeam Environmental Center in Walthamstow, North East London, looking for a part-time (3-4 days) chef. We work very closely with small scale organic growers in and around North East London and as such have a small seasonal menu which changes daily depending on what is available.
- Title: Vegan/vegetarian chef
- Part-time, 3-4 days a week, occasional additional work optional.
- To work independently, efficiently and cleanly to produce vegan and vegetarian food to the style and standards set by the head chef.
- To minimise wastage and preserve/pickle/prepare fresh ingredients accordingly.
- To help plan menus utilising a weekly changing vegetable supply.
- Short order cooking including full brunch menu on weekends.
- To assist with stock takes and produce ordering.
- To maintain a safe and clean kitchen and keep necessary health and safety records.
- Will have at least one years professional kitchen experience of meal preparation and short order cooking.
- Have some experience in or an interest in vegetarian/vegan cooking.
- Be able to work independently with minimal direction, using initiative and common sense.
- Be able to communicate effectively with other members of staff to ensure smooth and excellent service.
- Will be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure; the café seats 24 but if you are the only chef on a busy day then you will have to juggle lots of small jobs.
- We pay the London Living Wage.
- We will offer some training and guidance in vegan and vegetarian cooking.
- We offer a fun and creative environment with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and flavours.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, speak fluent English and must have a UK bank account and National Insurance number.
To apply click on this link: http://veganjobs.org.uk/job/veganvegetarian-chef-for-organicseasonal-cafe/