Do you know the Hornbeam and like what they do? Please be part of it! They have one paid, and a number of volunteer roles:
- Project worker: Low-Cost-Living. Paid. Start 3rd October.
- Apple Day Team: Volunteers, Mondays in September.
- Coordinating Team: Monthly meetings and some time in between.
For more information on each of these roles see below.
Project Worker: Low-Cost Living.
3 days a week, core day Monday.
Continuing the Low-Cost Living work through various projects, across two locations. This will include:
- Delivering low-cost-parenting events in two venues and supporting volunteers to deliver in outreach locations
- Supporting people to volunteer in a range of roles both in the Hornbeam and with partner projects
- Organising accreditation for those volunteering
- Supporting joint fundraising for more community food projects with our partners.
One core day will be a Monday as this is the day that the Cafe is closed and ‘Community Mondays’ happen. much of the project work will happen as part of Community Mondays.
You will be working with others: the overall coordinating team, project worker at the Learning Lodge E4, cafe workers and volunteers, and the finance worker.
Click here for the
- Project Coordinator Job Description & Person Specification
- Low Cost Parenting Project Outline Autumn 2016
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification carefully and send us a written statement detailing how your skills, experience and values match the person specification. Please email email@example.com
Being part of the Hornbeam means contributing to inspiring, real social change. It can be chaotic and it is often under- resourced. If this is something you think you can thrive on – get in touch!
Apple Day Team Volunteers
Hornbeam will be running the popular Apple Day at Vestry House Museum again this year, on 8th October. For the whole of September we’ll be picking apples (and other fruit) from the many trees in the borough, All Mondays and Fridays: Mondays starting from the Hornbeam and Fridays starting from Organiclea’s Hawkwood site. We are looking for an Apple Day team of volunteers – you’ll learn the best spots to pick apples, how to store and how to use a bike trailer if you’re interested. You can also be part of planning the most popular event in the Walthamstow calendar!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and if you haven’t already, please fill in the volunteering form online.
Coordinating Team Volunteers
The co-ordinating group are a combination of paid staff, directors and other volunteers. Some also represent our partner organisations. We meet to make strategic decisions about the direction and running of the Hornbeam’s projects and buildings.
We are seeking new members with a keen interest in the Hornbeam who have time to spare and/or interest in the following areas: cafe organising, IT systems, finance. Other skills welcome too, and having time to spare is very important!
If you are interested – please complete the online form ticking HORNBEAM COORDINATING TEAM as the role.
Any questions email email@example.com Thanks!