Apple Day is the Village’s biggest event of the year, and relies upon the efforts of dozens of volunteers who offer their time and skills to make it such a great day for local people.
The Apple “Core” Team will start detailed planning in July 2014, and would welcome anyone who is able to help with any of the following activities in August or September.
- Flyer & poster design, printing, distribution
- Event promotion
- Catering supplies audit and ordering
- Infrastructure : borrowing & hiring gazebos, stall tables etc, managing setup & take down
- Raffle prizes: encouraging our lovely local businesses to donate a small gift, running the raffle
- Traditional games (apple bobbing, guess the weight, longest peel, William Tell, …): preparation and on the day running
- Volunteer coordination: of on the day roles/tasks
As the big day approaches we need to a small army of volunteers… could you donate a cake, assist in the kitchen, support equipment set up, or help out on a stall to make this as successful as ever? We are seeking volunteers for the following activities:
- Cooking & baking. Donations of home-made cakes, (not necessarily apple-themed), apple pies, puddings, jams and chutneys. Teresa
- Kitchen support. 10.30 am to 4.30pm Sat 11th October: serving refreshments, taking payment. If you can only spare an hour or two, that’s fine. Teresa
- Site set up. 1pm – 6.30pm Friday 10th, or 9.30am – 11am Saturday 11th October: unloading & unpacking crates, setting up stalls, helping with displays. Paul
- Event support. 11 am to 4pm Sat 11th October: front desk welcome/donations, litter picking, helping stall holders, assisting visitors, photography. Paul
- Site take down. 4-5.30pm Sat 11th October: packing & loading crates, stall storage, litter picking, unloading into Hornbeam loft. Paul