A skillshare is a way to way for communities to share local knowledge.
Transition Walthamstow often hosts skillshares to champion low carbon & low energy use living skills. We look to practical community learning as a enjoyable and satisfying way to share ideas and get to know each other. Through Transition Walthamstow skillshares we hope to grow local wellbeing and economic and social resilience.
Our skillshares were held on the 4th Wednesday of each month at the Hornbeam Centre for 18 months up to September 2013; we’re now taking a break from these to develop new projects.
Here are some 1 pager briefings for some of the skillshares that we have already run:
- July 2013: Preparing to preserve
- June 2013: Repair Cafe
- May 2013: Container salads & herbs (produced by Vertical Veg)
- April 2013: Super New Foraging+
- Mar 2013: Cycle maintenance
- Feb 2013: Made instead of bought
- Nov 2012: Living for less
- Oct 2012: Fermented foods by Ralph & Lyndsay (who recommend the internet for more info & inspiration):
- Sep 2012: Tomato Jam recipe, Significant Seams, Craftivist Collective & GROW
- Aug 2012: Yoghurt making
- June 2012: Sprouting
- May 2012: Salad leaves in a pot
If you would like to run a skillshare, we can offer support; please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org